Ayr Wargames Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ayr Wargames Club

A place for our members to meet and plan games, debate issues and organize trips.

HomeRegisterLog in

Club Games Planning Area

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2020, 12:42

Received my Infamy, Infamy parcel today but the mdf tokens etc were missing, Rich will post them out today Smile
Rule book and cards look great in the flesh pity it will be ages before we get to try it out on a proper tabletop.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 20:35

Sunday we'll have another try at the Chain Of Command game. I'm deleting some of the figures that were on the table and bagging everything else. Hopefully that will cut down on the amount of data the game is having to transmit and make loading quicker for everyone. That should also cut down the impact on the communications too. I have found out how to add player spaces to the game so there is space for six players. Just share the command on each side.

We'll go for 13.00 start, but I'll be on before that to get things set up.

Got John & Stuart confirmed. Who else?
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29 2020, 16:24

Brilliant, hopefully I will get soon to!!
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29 2020, 16:01

Just received my Infamy, Infamy pdf and I'm sure i'll get the bundle deal in the post this week Smile Looks pretty good and I'm sure we'll see it getting an outing on TTS very soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29 2020, 12:21

I'm ok again for this Sunday
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28 2020, 17:31

No today was a washout. Very bad connections meant we couldn't hear each other and it kept dropping people off. Table maybe had too much going on as well. Maybe next week will degenerate to SAGA with 4 point warbands & no scenery.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28 2020, 13:24

I should be up and running to join in next Sunday. Have to go out this afternoon. Hope it goes well today.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2020, 19:04

Yes 13.00 sounds fine. Looks like just 3 players so I've no idea what I'm going to arrange yet. Still working on it.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2020, 11:11

1pm again tomorrow Doc? What's the plans?
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2020, 14:28

So far 3 players for Sunday. Any other takers?
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2020, 13:51

I would like to join in too Doc, either playing or as a spectator.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2020, 13:44

Count me in for Sunday Doc, happy to play Tanker again or CoC or Saga, whatever the group goes for.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21 2020, 19:46

First TTS Tanker game went well once we managed to get everyone into the game.  Will organise somethng or two for next Sunday.  Please let me know by Wednesday night who will be about.  May put on another Tanker game for novices to TTS to get used to the way everything works.  Maybe have a second game running for folk who played Tanker this week unless everyone wants to play Tanker.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21 2020, 12:15

T-minus 45 minutes
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20 2020, 17:30

T-minus 20 hours and 30 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20 2020, 12:26

Excellent point Stuart. I never said a time on here. I was thinking 13.00 hours start in Steam. I'll start a group chat channel with voice chat & invite everyone into it. I'll then fire up Tabletop Simulator and invite folk one by one into the Tanker game. Doesn't take too long to load folk in if you do it one at a time. It can make your voicechat got spotty while your machine downloads all the assets for the game then it should clear back up.

We are now T-minus 24hours and 35 minutes. Last call for more players as I'm finalising the game this afternoon. So far I have John, Stuart H, Ian & myself. Scott may arrive if its too rainy to work. Any one else interested in playing? Cameron, Stuart Reid & Dave? I know some people might be caught up in Father's Day celebrations.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20 2020, 09:17

What time are we to be online Doc, I wont be available until 12.30
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19 2020, 16:48

From the Steam client, the toolbar along the top has five options - Steam, View, Friends, Games, Help.

Clicking on Steam will drop a menu down, which has an option saying Settings.

Settings opens a new window, with a menu down the left side. One of those options is broadcasting. From there you can configure the settings for broadcasting a game, including the microphone audio (not sure if this just captures the broadcaster or all players).

The person wanting to watch goes to their friends list, right clicks on the name of the player, and is given the option to join game, launch game, and watch game, amongst others. Click watch game and let it load.

That easy, it appears.
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19 2020, 12:10

Yup, Steam has an inbuilt broadcast system to stream games. I watched my brother playing Mechwarrior Online using it a few days ago. Will play about with it today to work out how you set it up, or get StuartR to explain it to me.

Have ordered a splitter to sort out my headset problems, hopefully will fix it, ordered from Amazon Prime so should get it tomorrow. If not, I may set up my desktop to run Tabletop Simulator and stream it to my laptop, which I know the headset works fine on, as it has a proper TRRS jack.

Demo worked well apart from comms issues on the part of myself and Scoop last night, although those are fixable once we work out the problem. The set up worked well, good work o the part of Doc to collect and create all the assets needed. That was one of the stumbling blocks we faced previously, as I couldn't get assets to save properly to set up a game, only to discover it was hidden by a collapsed menu. Typical.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19 2020, 02:42

Yes John, there is a space for you. Ian will be playing & Stuart H as well. I'll umpire & help you with the moving & measuring. If no one else will be on then I might have to play to even the numbers.

Eddie, I spoke to Scot Reid when testing the gameboard tonight and he told me you might be able to watch through Steam. It seems there is a "Watch Game" option in the friends menu when someone is on playing a game. No idea how it impacts on the game so if you have Steam installed I'll PM you about user name & get you on my list. Then after about 1.15pm on Sunday you should be able to watch. I shold have gotten everyone invited into the game by then. I've no idea if you will hear our conversation while we play, but you should get to see what it can look like in a game.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18 2020, 20:20

Hi Doc
I should manage to play if there is space for me.

Eddie you do have to buy Tabletop Simulator first.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18 2020, 19:56

So you have to buy the simulator package first from steam ?

Ed
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18 2020, 19:29

I'm pretty sure you can only play or watch through Tabletop Simulator.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18 2020, 17:59

I would probably like to watch the game on steam. How do I do it ?

Ed
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18 2020, 17:33

Going to check the table setup works with other players tonight. How many folk intend to participate or watch on Sunday? Let's me know how many to set the table up for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Games Planning Area
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next