Ayr Wargames Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ayr Wargames Club

A place for our members to meet and plan games, debate issues and organize trips.

HomeRegisterLog in

Club Games Planning Area

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
johnny789

Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23 2020, 17:49

How is everyone? All busy painting away ?. I seem to have lost my painting mojo , just doing bits here and there , I have build up all the 28mm Gauls and Early Imperial Romans that got in the boxed set but have only painted 10 Gauls. Also made a start on my 10mm Malburians but I haven’t done any for a couple of weeks now .
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 16:55

Yes David, it's a great site. I have used the maps often for F&F scenarios. Videos are good too.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 16:49

Eddie, I happened to be roaming around on You Tube, as happens these days, and found the American Battlefield Trust page with lots of Animated battles and battlefield talks. Don't know if you already know about them and watch their videos.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AmericanBattlefieldTrust/videos
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19 2020, 14:29

We will be returning when the Church Session let me know it is safe to do so.
When we return we have already paid for the first two weeks, I have been informed of this by the treasurer. We will be welcomed back I have no doubt.
I am painting Oathmark Elves they could also pass as Normans at a push. Also painting at long last a large selection of boats for 'cruel seas/narrow seas mtb WW2 rules 28 boats and 4 small cargo ships( made by Ian ) and once again a large number of 15mm ACW figures( need to stop collecting these )
Look forward to seeing the Infamy, Infamy rules as I have a few Gauls and Romans that I could use for it I think ?
Hope you are all well.

Ed

Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19 2020, 11:33

Thanks for the update Ed. We dont need to worry about who can go, will we need to pay for the room even if we're not using it etc until the contact Ed again to say the halls are open so we have a couple more months wiggle room. Need to get back to painting as I haven't done any since the end of May Sad
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19 2020, 11:13

Grrr forum decided not to send me any emails again.

I did think that the Church wouldn’t open up to groups too quickly anyway, too risky when the congregation is mostly elderly, and that includes some of us old codgers as well !!.
It may well be next year before we can meet up again. All the precautions you have all said will become the norm anyway, especially as the hall we use has playgroups meetings throughout the week, just think of all those grubby germ ridden wee hands running around touching everything. The upside is when we do eventually get the club up and running again we will have lots of new rules and armies to try out.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19 2020, 09:06

Hi folks
Just received an email from the Minister regarding opening up the halls to user groups. On Tuesday the Kirk Session met and decided that their halls will not be open yet to user groups for at least the next two months. Next meeting is mid September where a decision on the matter will once again be made.
So at best we might start up again in October at worst who knows ? Might be after the winter but hopefully before that.
Hope this helps and information has came at a timely moment.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2020, 16:31

Well before you do anything you need to see what the church says. I know the Auld Kirk is begining to make plans to re-open, but that is only the church for limited capacity socially distanced services. I don't think there are plans for organisations returning yet. It all depends what their risk assessment decides.

You have to remember its not just what we are doing and looking after ourselves and immediate families, there are other people in and out the halls if they open them fully. Can you be sure everyone is wearing masks and being responsible all the time?

@Scot R Good luck with getting Mick not to touch other people's figures.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2020, 08:58

I think we need to contact them to see what their plans are ie social distancing and hygiene, how many people will be allowed in the room etc
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2020, 08:20

So should I contact them as I planned about a return in September ? Is it viable to rent the hall if only 5 or less members return at this date I am suggesting ?
What do you think.

Ed

Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2020, 22:48

Didn't expect to be back before September anyway, but I'm happy to return then, and try and be in as much as possible.

I think by the time we return, especially with the great work done here in Scotland to reduce the impact of the virus, social distancing will be at 1m anyway, when combined with other measures.

Seems masks are here for the forseeable future, and as awkward and uncomfortable as they may be, you do get used to them - despite being exempt due to being asthmatic, I've been wearing mine for between 5 and 9 hours at work, and after a while you get used to them. Simple rules like having a personal supply of hand sanitizer, not touching other people's dice or models (someone will need to explain that to Mick!), bringing flasks or bottles rather than using the cups and kettle, etc should be enough to get us back on track.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2020, 22:29

I can let them know we don't plan to return any time soon if the majority would prefer ?
Happy to do either option as September might be to early for phase 4 of our Scottish government plan anyway.

Ed

Back to top Go down
Cameron

Cameron

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2020, 22:06

I would not be considering returning to the club anytime soon either.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2020, 21:01

I can restart the club in September
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2020, 21:00

Physical distancing would not be easy as wearing a mask would be a pain as well, we can a least wait until end of August beginning of September and see how it is all progressing.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2020, 20:35

I know Ian said he would not be rushing back soon. I can't see Bill rushing back either. I am undecided, but probably not immediately.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2020, 20:20

That’s good Eddie, gives us a wee bit of leeway. I know Graham won’t manage in same as me . I am not sure how many of club members actually read this forum but it would be good i we got some set of idea who would start coming into club in September
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2020, 19:28

Church have informed me we have two weeks already paid for when we return.
I was planning to contact them at the start of August to see if we might return in September.
Should I continue as I planned ? Doubt if church will dump us without any warning.

Ed
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2020, 19:07

Think we need to know the church's position in order to decide how to proceed. They may be understanding of our position.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2020, 14:52

As John said we spoke about this briefly last Sunday online. The concern is the church gets other offers for the room on a Sunday and if the club isnt meeting regularly we lose our booking. One option is for a group of us to pay a fee every week even if not attending the club, the total of this fee would be enough to cover the weekly room hire. Any weeks the club does meet then only those not paying the fee would have to pay the normal £6. I think we should talk to the church and see what their plans are and how much leeway they will give us on resuming paying for the room.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2020, 14:39

Well gents the church will now be able to open for services and my thoughts have turned to our club. Unfortunately Some of us will not be able to attend for a while yet, which will be a problem for us , mostly by not getting enough club fees to cover the cost of hall , and it would be difficult if say only four guys turn up and them having to cover the cost between them. There is no easy answer and the club will probably have to wait a wee while yet before we will be able to open. Stuart and I had a chat about this. Any thoughts??
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04 2020, 09:30

Just saw in the Infamy Infamy facebook group that someone has created a mod for it, minus the Infamy cards at the moment. Should be in the workshop.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2020, 17:02

Oooo sounds promising!!!
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2020, 16:36

Oh faint of heart Roman bretheren. Ian and I are working on it. Won't be this week, but soon.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2020, 12:47

I got my copy on Wednesday, along with all the mdf tokens, cards etc . I agree Stuart they are very good and will be lots of fun to play, unfortunately not for a while yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Games Planning Area
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next