Ayr Wargames Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ayr Wargames Club

A place for our members to meet and plan games, debate issues and organize trips.

HomeRegisterLog in

Club Games Planning Area

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 15 2020, 17:03

Same lol
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 15 2020, 16:55

Lol no worries Stuart, I did think to start with of getting the victrix boxes but couldn’t resist a bargain.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 15 2020, 16:06

Good shout John I just bought the SPQR starter set for £31, cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 15 2020, 14:03

I bought the warlord Roman/Gaul Hail Caesar starter pack for 55quid instead of 70 , the guy does a fair bit of the box sets as well as lots of other stuff with most of it at a 20% discount, and is a good lad to deal with. His site is www.wynfordia.co.uk if anyone interested. Oh and he didn’t charge postage either.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 12 2020, 21:35

Yeah I knew about that Doc , I always follow each alert but then it stops sending them and if I go onto forum and put up a post , I get alerts again for a wee while until it stops again. Gremlins! it's always bloody Gremlins !!!
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 12 2020, 21:22

That's great looking Steve.

@John I think it says on the alerts that if you don't follow the alerts it sends it begins to think you aren't interested and stops sending them.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 11 2020, 20:36

I have been working away painting 20mm British airborne , some 28mm French napoleonic figures and also 20mm LRDG/SaS which I am enjoying doing, next up will be 10mm Malburians
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 11 2020, 20:33

Thanks for all your hard work Steve, our new website is fantastic, it covers everything we do and play , and is very eye catching too.

Guys go on and have a look , and post opinions please.

By the way do any of you know why this forum keeps stopping sending me alerts when someone posts ?.
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin
Steve (Admin)

PostSubject: New Website   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 11 2020, 18:50

Hi All

Just a quick message to let you all know the revamped Website is now finished and has gone live.

www.ayrwargamesclub.co.uk

Many thanks go to:

John for supplying information about the day-to-day matters and the Rules used for each period;
Dave McQ for additional information regarding game rules;
and especially to Doc for more rules info and for the incredible pictures that he provided that really make the site stand out.

The site is geared mainly towards new members and employs an easy-to-read format with a British Army Green colour scheme.
I decided not to have a dedicated gallery but rather spread the pictures throughout the site to both improve the look and give greater interactivity to any viewer.

Please go and check it out
All feedback welcome.

Steve (Admin)

Last edited by Steve (Admin) on Wed Jun 10 2020, 21:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ayrwargamesclub.co.uk
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 02 2020, 15:49

Hi All hope you and your families are safe and healthy.
Painting AWI artillery and wagons, probably paint some ancient Gauls, Iberians and Carthaginians
next. Then painting MTB boats, British AWI and possibly a few 100's of 15mm ACW. So plenty to keep me very busy.
Club will not meet again for a while yet as I don't know if the church will be open this year and shielded people will be advised to stay safe until ?
So you all keep well and safe.

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 01 2020, 17:25

How's everyone coping during lockdown and what new minis have you been painting?
As it looks like June at the earliest before we will be back at the club and with Falkirk and G3 shows cancelled, Claymore is 50/50 at best and Deep Fried Lardie doubtful how is everyone getting their gaming fix just now? Smile
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28 2020, 17:38

Just so folk know. Steam has the Total War games on sale until 1st May. I picked up Thrones of Britannia for £10-ish & replaced my Medieval II discs with the Definitive edition for £4.99.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20 2020, 23:29

Bought Victrix 'Clash of Spears' ancient rules for the Punic wars and they look very good.
Finally finished 180 Yankee 28mm figures for the AWI, now painting some guns, limbers, crews, drivers and mounted commanders for the AWI forces. Will be painting some British in the future.

Have a pile of stuff to paint, probably do my MTB stuff next as I am keen to try out 'Narrow Seas' rules. Apparently these rules I purchased are miles better than the 'Warlord ' effort.

Don't know when the church will be starting up again but doubt if it will be any time soon. As the congregation are very old might not open until a vaccine is available ?
So you all keep well and prosper.

Ed
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20 2020, 08:39

I've finished Imperial Romans that I've (mostly) had lying around for a couple of years. Only had to add some cavalry and slingers.

I've started on a Gallic force to oppose them, again using odds and ends of figures I've had around for a while and left over sprues from other things. Just finished a box of three chariots and two groups of 10 warriors. A long way to go to finish this army though.

Probably, like most of us, I buy boxes and sprues when they're on half price offer with the grand idea of making some army out of them at some future date. Now seems as good a time as any to do that.

Hope everyone is well. Stay safe.

DS
Back to top Go down
Cameron

Cameron

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20 2020, 07:46

Well I've already started on a German warband for Infamy Infamy, and Graham is working on romans, and Allan already has romans, although the way this virus is going it may be a while before they see the tabletop lol!
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19 2020, 23:00

With Lardies new ancient rules "Infamy, Infamy" coming out soon would it be safe to assume they will become a popular rule set in the club? Who plans on getting them?

Try to decide if I buy the Warlord SPQR starter set as its good value for money or Victrix plastics as they are better sculpts!

Looks like no club until 10th May at the earliest though I think that will be pushed back again, so what's everyone working on?
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2020, 14:41

Good deal around just now:

https://www.theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/product/battle-of-britain-100-x-1-300th-assorted-new-planes-superior-quality-plastic-grab-bag/

100 1/300 WWII aircraft for £10.

I bought a couple of bags last year when they were about £7 a bag. They were moulded from quite soft plastic and sometimes bend, especially when hot. The new moulds are of a harder plastic and are meant to be more stable. Well worth a tenner a bag. More than enough aircraft for a game of 'Bag the Hun'.

DS
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2020, 12:07

Yep already tagged Dave for a game of M&T version 2 once this all over Smile
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2020, 11:45

Sorry Stuart....forgot to add about x18 1/300 Battle of Britain German aircraft, x20 28mm Gallic warriors and x12 28mm female warriors for Frostgrave too Very Happy Very Happy Busy, Busy, Busy....
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2020, 11:18

Well done Dave, we can look forward to some M and T games once all this is over.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2020, 09:27

Alright Dave calm down your just showing off now lol!
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2020, 09:06

Hi guys. Hope all is well with everyone.

I've managed to get a few things on the backlist finished :

Last year I bought a 24 fig unit of 28mm French SYW and the same of British when on half price offer from NorthStar. I've painted them up as 4 x 12 fig units for Muskets and Tomahawks and also added a 12 x fig unit of Colonial Militia.

Just finished 2 x 6 fig units of 28mm Imperial Roman auxiliary cavalry for my Infamy, Infamy force and made a start on some 15mm WWII Americans that I bought cheap almost five years ago!

Stay safe.

DS
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2020, 21:58

I have painted twelve acw Confederates cavalry, I used the contrast paints on the horses and was quite impressed as they gave a quick and good finish, I also tried them on some 20mm taliban where I thought they worked fine but I don’t think it was any quicker. I have also painted five napoleonic french mounted generals, so have been quite productive. Next up is 20mm British paras once I get the denison smock colours to my satisfaction, three goes so far and still not happy 😃.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2020, 19:21

All of Victrix's new and upcoming plastics look fantastic, definitely getting some of the Persians Smile
So what's everyone up to? Getting the lead/plastic pile reduced?
I started painting on Tuesday as my work was open last week so this us my first week of lockdown. Trying out GW contrast paints on 28mm historical minis.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2020, 18:56

Hi Doc

I have been salivating just looking at them, they look fantastic. I did say after the “Big Game” that would never paint another 28mm napoleonic figure ever again, somehow I think that never say never lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Games Planning Area
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next