Ayr Wargames Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ayr Wargames Club

A place for our members to meet and plan games, debate issues and organize trips.

HomeRegisterLog in

Club Games Planning Area

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

Club Games Planning Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45

Thanks John, Doc has put a post up in the Facebook group already Smile
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:50

Morning Guys
Ian is hoping to hold a zoom meeting tomorrow around 1pm ish just for a bit of a blether, to see how best he can run zoom games other than the CoC ones and Tanker or how to make those two games better . He is happy to pick up any armies we have to be able to run other periods etc. Could anybody interested let me know today if you can and I will let him know so he can send you an invite.
Stuart could you let the lads on Facebook know ?.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01 2021, 12:12

Happy New Year to you all. We will get to game again, but it might be a case of "It will all be over by Christmas" for a while yet. It just means that those who can paint figures get to paint even more before the glorious return to normality. Take care everyone.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01 2021, 11:29

Happy New Year to you all, as Eddie says , hopefully by then we can get gaming again.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01 2021, 10:12

Hope 2021 is good for everyone and we all stay safe and well. Hopefully by May this year we can meet up again at the church for some wargaming again. So keep well and prosper Very Happy

Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28 2020, 15:26

Merry Christmas everyone.

Wargames stuff for Christmas John? You must be joking. The only way I get any of that is if I buy it myself. Well come to think of it I did buy myself the new Blood Bowl 2 rules when they came out recently.

Wednesday 30th December, 14:00 hours on Zoom.

What A Tanker! Final game of the year. Will this see John as last Tanker standing? King Tanker 2020 or will he be replaced?

Let us know here if you want a chance to play. Six places available. I think I have six players already so anyone else joining can get a tank once there has been a loss. I'll have a rotating player group.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 11:13

Merry Christmas to you all, hope you all have lots of wargames figures, rules etc.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06 2020, 16:43

Sounds like a good idea but won't be able to join in myself (between work and Studio Minis I'm pretty busy just now) so will just have to wait until next year for a game lol
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 16:18

Hello folks

Doc, Ian and myself have just finished playing a chain of command game using Zoom. It played very well with Ian hosting the meetings and of course had set up the table and using his figures. He has a set up using various cameras and he rolls everyone's dice using a dice tower to make it fair. I enjoyed the game, first one in a long while. Anyway are any of you interested in joining in ?. Ian is thinking of running a CoC campaign where we can have multiple players per side. Even if you download Zoom if you haven't already and you can come on for a chat, show off your nice new shiny figures that will still need to wait for a while before we can get them on the table.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20 2020, 16:49

Yes they sound very useful and interesting. Thanks John.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20 2020, 13:10

Excellent Doc, thanks I will have a look and download it as I don't have a camera on my pc but do have a mic . Also I have besides the german figures for you, a Conquest knight, a sprue of some sort of dwarves and a vicious looking venetian lady fronm some other game, they are yours if you want them.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20 2020, 00:50

I honestly don't know.  I will check the full availability of platforms for using Zoom and post back.

UPDATE:
Yes there is a Zoom app available in the iOS store. There is also an Android app and the Windows OS deshktop app.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19 2020, 20:44

Sounds like a good idea Doc, I would like to participate for sure. Would it work using an I Phone as well?
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Zoom Call   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19 2020, 12:53

Hi folks. I'm thinking of grabbing a Zoom sub sometime mid December for a month to be able to have mass online video calls with friends over Christmas & New Year. I was thinking the club could have one too between Christmas & New Year if people were interested.
You would need Zoom (free to download), a webcam (usually have built in mics) and earphones. I can't stress how important the earphones bit is otherwise you will get your speakers echoing back over your open mic. Then everyone gets an echo of what is being said and if your speakers a is closer to your mic than you are, that is all folk will hear. We had a problem with this on TTS and it basically blocked anyone else from being heard.
I would need to get people's email addresses privately and I could set up the meeting at a suitable time and date and send the invites to everyone. At the appropriate time you satr up Zoom, enter the invite code & you should be on and able to chat.

What do we think?
Doc
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15 2020, 18:36

Thanks John, I'll check them out Smile
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15 2020, 14:24

Stuart
I noticed a set of rules called “Esprit de Corps Power and Glory “ that might fit ok for you, Caliver books sell them although I didn’t notice the price, probably the Vault will have them too.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07 2020, 12:34

Hi Eddie
That is a great site, lots of interesting stuff, thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06 2020, 22:23

Hi All
Hope you and all your families are safe and well. Found a Spanish military history site
arrecaballo.es
Hope it works as it has a wealth of information from ancient Egyptian to the French Revolution.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04 2020, 22:05

Cheers
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04 2020, 21:25

I can’t think of any more rules about just now, an older set “The sword and the flame” was/is and older set that got great acclaim but I never played them.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04 2020, 21:08

Thanks John, are there any other black powder era rules for battalion based games you can think of/recommend?
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04 2020, 20:35

Hi Stuart
The rules actually work fine if played correctly and they do give you a decent largish game. Like most rules a bit of preparation beforehand especially with the army lists as there can be some units with different skills etc . Allan and I played a napoleonic game after playing in the great game , and the rules played fine.
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04 2020, 19:28

Rules question!

What do you think of Black Powder as a set of rules? Haven't played it but looking for a set of rules to use for my Sikh Wars and 1st Afghan War stuff next year to play larger than skirmish size games which I can use SP2 or M&T2 for. So dodgy Great Game Waterloo rulings aside what is the feedback?
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08 2020, 15:31

Robert at Boom now has a full rack of GW paints, it might be the full range but I'm not sure. £2.75 & £4.75 depending on type.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 16:17

Just ticking along here, been reading a lot of books which I have enjoyed. Managed to get some painting done , got about 25 Gauls finished and I have struggled a bit to get back into painting the malburians, it takes a different style to do them but I have finished two x forty figure french battalions and starting to enjoy doing them again. Really missing the club, Sundays just ain’t the same just now .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Games Planning Area
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next