Ayr Wargames Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ayr Wargames Club

A place for our members to meet and plan games, debate issues and organize trips.

HomeRegisterLog in

Club Games Planning Area

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
johnny789

Club Games Planning Area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 20:21

I am hoping to go to any, either, all shows, I have certainly missed our usual trips. I will more than likely be looking at selling off some stuff at Falkirk.
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 09:50

If Claymore happens will be there. Unlikely to make Falkirk due to work, but may pull a sickie if Claymore is a bust.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 08:16

Excellent, missed going to the shows. Plan to sell stuff there, anyone else wanting to sell anything at Falkirk ?

Ed
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 19:44

Falkirk has been confirmed for Saturday 25th September. Claymore is due to happen on Saturday 7th August but has not yet been confirmed it's on.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 00:03

I see Stuart posted on the club's Facebook page that Falkirk is going ahead, but later. I'll repost that here for those who don't use Facebook. (Quite right, its a crap platform)
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 21:14

Hi Eddie

That would do fine, I will get back to Steve and ask how he wishes to get the cash to him and I will let you know.

As far as I know everyone is ok, yes it will be a while yet before we can meet unfortunately.

Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 20:44

Hi John
I have the monies to cover the cost of the website, could you just send me his address and I will send him it as soon as possible.
Hope everyone is well, seems we might not be meeting for a while yet ?

Ed
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 15:28

Hi everyone
I have just got an email from Steve to say the the fees for our club website is due , it is for £95.74p. This has come at a really bad time , with the club not having made any income for a long time. Any ideas would be appreciated , have a think about it and let me know , I am willing to put a share into paying .
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25 2021, 15:03

It will be good to be able to attend some shows again, mail order is great but you can’t beat them to get all the little bits and pieces that are really not worth it after you add postage. I certainly hope club can reopen again by that time. I will ask Steve Roberts what the Sheffield guys are thinking of doing regards the October game
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25 2021, 13:32

July or August probably before we can club again without major restrictions. Claymore sent me an email a few weeks ago asking if the show was to go ahead in August would I be willing to go as a trader, so will let everyone know once they make a decision about this year's show.
Haven't done any painting so far this year except two test minis for Star Wars Legion but I have built some Necrons for 40K lol

Do we think the October weekender will happen this year?
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23 2021, 23:00

Am optimistic that by August we should be returning to our Sunday wargames at the church hall.
By August I would think we all should have had at least one dose of the vaxine with most having both doses. Look forward to trying out the Oathmark rules with my Elvish forces and Mortal Gods with my Persians.
Have spoke to Mick and Brian and they are both well and looking forward to our return at some point this year.

Ed
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23 2021, 22:48

Hi Scot

Good to hear from you, it has been a while right enough. Everyone is safe and well, all missing rolling the bones as well. On a positive note when we can have the club up and running again we will have lots of new rules ( Infamy Infamy, Battlegroup Pacific, Battlegroup Northag ) to name a few and armies all painted and ready to go . Unfortunately it will probably be a few months yet before we can meet up.

Cheers John
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23 2021, 21:36

Hey all, just realised it's exactly a year to the day since my last game at the club (Chain of Command vs David McQ), and thought a wee check-in was well overdue.

Hope you are all keeping well, getting word of vaccinations, and looking forward to finally getting back in to the club to roll some dice in anger. And hope the guys still in the dark ages that don't use Facebook or this forum are still in contact with some of you and are equally safe and healthy.

Not long to go now...
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01 2021, 21:08

Sorry to hear the sad news George.
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01 2021, 20:41

Just seen the post on facebook George, sorry to hear that. Thoughts with you and the kids.
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31 2021, 22:12

So sorry to hear this George. Thoughts are with you.

David
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31 2021, 21:01

Today I lost my best friend, lover, mother of my children.
For those I have told she was fighting cancer for over 2 years.
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27 2021, 14:44

Hi guys. Hope you are all well.

Does anyone have a PDF copy of the Lardies WWI rules 'Through the Mud and the Blood'? I seem to have the blinds and some scenarios for them but no rules.

I've been painting 15mm WWI stuff that I've had in a box for years. Would these rules be any good for this scale. Never seen them in action.

Thanks
DS
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16 2021, 12:45

Thanks John, Doc has put a post up in the Facebook group already Smile
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16 2021, 10:50

Morning Guys
Ian is hoping to hold a zoom meeting tomorrow around 1pm ish just for a bit of a blether, to see how best he can run zoom games other than the CoC ones and Tanker or how to make those two games better . He is happy to pick up any armies we have to be able to run other periods etc. Could anybody interested let me know today if you can and I will let him know so he can send you an invite.
Stuart could you let the lads on Facebook know ?.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01 2021, 12:12

Happy New Year to you all. We will get to game again, but it might be a case of "It will all be over by Christmas" for a while yet. It just means that those who can paint figures get to paint even more before the glorious return to normality. Take care everyone.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01 2021, 11:29

Happy New Year to you all, as Eddie says , hopefully by then we can get gaming again.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01 2021, 10:12

Hope 2021 is good for everyone and we all stay safe and well. Hopefully by May this year we can meet up again at the church for some wargaming again. So keep well and prosper Very Happy

Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28 2020, 15:26

Merry Christmas everyone.

Wargames stuff for Christmas John? You must be joking. The only way I get any of that is if I buy it myself. Well come to think of it I did buy myself the new Blood Bowl 2 rules when they came out recently.

Wednesday 30th December, 14:00 hours on Zoom.

What A Tanker! Final game of the year. Will this see John as last Tanker standing? King Tanker 2020 or will he be replaced?

Let us know here if you want a chance to play. Six places available. I think I have six players already so anyone else joining can get a tank once there has been a loss. I'll have a rotating player group.
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 11:13

Merry Christmas to you all, hope you all have lots of wargames figures, rules etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Club Games Planning Area Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Games Planning Area
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next