Ayr Wargames Club

A place for our members to meet and plan games, debate issues and organize trips.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Top Tanker!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Top Tanker!   Sun Apr 15 2018, 12:34

That's 12 players signed up so I am closing the list of players. Sorry to anyone who fancied playing and hasn't been able to sign up. There will no doubt be another campaign later.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Top Tanker!   Sun Apr 15 2018, 12:26

Brian is happy to use his French tanks to start so he will be an Allied French player. This means that the Axis will have an Italian player.
Plans move closer to a fully formed idea.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Top Tanker!   Fri Apr 13 2018, 23:53

I've added you to the list of players George.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Top Tanker!   Fri Apr 13 2018, 22:18

I would be happy to join in, don't know enough about the tanks to say much about the French / Italian / Japanese issue.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Top Tanker!   Fri Apr 13 2018, 21:10

Throwing this open to a group decision if anyone wants to participate.

There are lists for French, Italian, Japanese tanks in What A Tanker! Japanese would seem out of place against mostly European theatre tanks, so I'll probably give them a miss. Also don't think there are many 20mm Japanese tanks floating around in the club anyway.

French are only available in 1940 then choose from British or American tanks.
Italians are only available 40 - 43 and then choose from German tanks.

John said he could cover most, if not all, of the Italian tanks & I know Brian has French (although not what sort of selection.)

So this is the question. Do we wish a French player, two Russian, a British & two American against an Italian player & five German players or shall I just go with six Germans against 2 British, 2 Russian & 2 American.

The American lists don't start until 1942 so their commanders start using British in 1940 & switch to American on their entry to the war.

Feel free to have your say. No speaking up now, no complaining later! lol!
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Top Tanker!   Wed Apr 11 2018, 10:15

@ScotR
Yes you may be correct.  Although I believe if we set it for a single recurring Sunday, say first Sunday of the month, players know when the game is & hopefully would plan to be there.
If it's not on one day then you are having six players making arrangements to play a game that may only last one hour or two.
If we make it one day & games are short then we may get the 3 games for 1940 finished & move into 1941 games, etc.
Games should get quicker as folk grasp the rules & bookkeeping is pretty quick after a game too.
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Top Tanker!   Tue Apr 10 2018, 23:44

Sounds good. Only problem would be people's availability. Would be like herding sheep getting everyone in on a particular day.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Top Tanker!   Tue Apr 10 2018, 18:40

So my thinking for format of campaign.
12 players, 2 tables of 6 players.
Play 3 games in a day, swapping players between tables so everyone has fought everyone.
After 3 games each campaign year advances opening up different tank options from before.
Run one Sunday a month for 6 months to find out Top Tanker!

Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Top Tanker!   Sun Apr 08 2018, 21:24

What A Tanker! is being released this week.  I am looking forward to reading it and have decided to organise a campaign for anyone interested.  Details of what that will involve depend on how many are interested and if there is a suggested campaign method in the rules or if I'm making up a system for it.  I won't be playing in it, I'll be organising and umpiring it.  It will very probably be six player games as I will have enough tokens for that through the pre-order deal and it should run quick enough at that number.

So far the following have said they are interested:

1 - John
2 - Cameron
3 - Scott McDowall
4 - Stuart H
5 - Mick
6 - Lewis
7 - Scot R
8 - Allan
9 - Graham
10 - George
11 - Bill
12 - Brian

Dave McQ (depends on availability, but I have a plan!)

Feel free to send a message here to express your interest and  I'll add your name onto the list.

We'll start with 20mm games as there are plenty of available tanks (early to late) & terrain through the club & members to let everyone play.

Good Hunting,
Doc

Last edited by Doc on Sun Apr 15 2018, 12:29; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Tanker!   

Back to top Go down

Top Tanker!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ayr Wargames Club :: Welcome :: Welcome-
Jump to: