Ayr Wargames Club

A place for our members to meet and plan games, debate issues and organize trips.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Questions and Chatter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
George

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Mon Jul 07 2014, 22:11

Hey dave

Waiting for scot to get back to me but I think that might be a sale.

G.
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Mon Jul 07 2014, 21:45

Won't be hard to deal with...but would like to clear out both boxes AND figures at the same time.  

A bit of pocket money to spend on Dystopian Wars at Claymore is what I'm looking at guys.

34 well painted miniatures and two boxes of tiles and tokens. First offer of £40 secures....

DS
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Mon Jul 07 2014, 20:24

Sounds good scot,

What kind kinda budget we thinking?
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Mon Jul 07 2014, 19:10

Well, I already have all the tiles, doors, counters and all published rules. It's the really just the genestealers I need, and the box would be nice, mine disintegrated a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Mon Jul 07 2014, 19:01

Hey steve,

Those pieces were specific to Third edition only I believe.

Scot I don't currently own any space hulk stuff so am happy to split and we can devide it up as we need.
G.
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Mon Jul 07 2014, 18:58

Steve, 1st edition never had those items. Only the CAT was in it, and that was a card counter.
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Mon Jul 07 2014, 18:56

Aw, you're about 8 months too early showing me that! I'd have it off you in a second next year, but I am working to a budget at the moment, so I can't offer you a reasonable amount. I'd happily chip in with you, George, depending on what each of us need from it.
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Throne, CAT and Artefact.   Mon Jul 07 2014, 18:30

Hi Dave
Did this version of Space Hulk come with the Terminator on Throne, CAT Module and Artefact?
I am missing these from my 2009 set.  I would be interested if you are willing to split the set.

Cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
http://ayrwargamesclub.co.uk
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Mon Jul 07 2014, 17:24

George

It's been so long since the boxes have seen light of day that I've no idea what a single set actually looks like. I should have the rule books somewhere as well but will need to organise a loft expedition to try to find them.

You're welcome to have a trawl through what's in the boxes. I'll bring them with me the next time I'm in - hopefully in the next couple of weeks. If not I'll pack them for Claymore

DS
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Mon Jul 07 2014, 17:14

Hey dave,

I'd still be interested in one of those set's if you don't mind splitting it back up if not I'd be willing to chip in with scott for it.

Thx G.
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Mon Jul 07 2014, 17:04

DS
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Mon Jul 07 2014, 16:35

Scott I have floor plans, doors, mini plans, action tokens, templates, etc from TWO full boxes of Space Hulk and a box of Genestealer.

I also have 22 well painted stealers and two (six man) squads of original plastic terminators - also well painted.

Make me an offer for the job lot and they could be yours!

I'll take some pics and post ASAP

DS
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Mon Jul 07 2014, 10:55

Does anybody know of anyone that might be selling Genestealers for a reasonable price? Trying to resurrect my 1st ed Space Hulk set. Got all the parts for Deathwing, Genestealer, and the missions book, but short-sightedly sold off the figures years ago. Managed to pick up a load of 2nd Ed Terminators, but keep getting outbid on eBay for the stealers!
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Questions and Chatter   Sun Jun 08 2014, 20:56

As it says on the tin.
G.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Tue May 27 2014, 20:09

Hey stuart,

Yeah I have had a couple games its an interesting system, good rules and quite fun only downside I thought was it can be quite expensive.

G.
Back to top Go down
StuartR

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Tue May 27 2014, 18:16

Anyone played the X-wing game? Just put an order in for the starter set, looks decent.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Wed Apr 09 2014, 12:59

Hey stuart,

We were using both Classic battletech master rules (revised edition) and
Classic battletech maximum tech (revised edition) rulebooks.
Which I recently snapped up on ebay for £15 for both and a copy of classic battletech combat operations, £5 each was too good to pass up on.

The most upto date version of the rules is classic battletech total warfare which has rounded up almost all the tech, vehicle, aerospace rules into one book.
Though I'm having trouble getting a copy at a reasonable price.

I got a quick look at dropzone commander during falkirk last year and as Doc said the mini's are very nice (though it's not quite to scale with battletech if I remember right, had printed a copy of there terrain to try for battletech but just didn't quite match) would be more than willing to give it a go.
The PHR (post-human republic) have been tempting me for a while.

G.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Tue Apr 08 2014, 14:03

Haven't tried Dropzone Commander. Miniatures look nice, but Dystopian Wars got there first. The playmat & buildings set they do has looked a really good addition for Battletech/Citytech rules. Skidding on tarmac. Falling through buildings you thought would take the weight of your jump capable mech. Being ambushed by SRM-2 wielding infantry hidden in a building. Oh the fun!
Back to top Go down
StuartR

PostSubject: Had a quick question or two   Mon Apr 07 2014, 21:38

Hey guys, really enjoyed the B'tech game this weekend. Wanted to say thanks again for having us.
Had a couple of questions about rule sets, first up which version of b'tech were we playing? Been looking for rule books online and not sure where I'd get the best price / find the right version.
Also, we have been looking at Dropzone Commander, anyone got any experience of it?
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Thu Jan 23 2014, 00:53

I do have the rulebook in good condition, all the rules and gangs are free downloadable from gw.... if they haven't taken it down yet
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Thu Jan 23 2014, 00:26

Yup, also on there are a metal Orlock gang, a metal Redemptionist crew, a tribe of metal Ratskins, a metal Cawdor gang, a plastic Orlock and plastic Goliath gang, and some odd metal minis from Van Saar, Delaque and Goliath. Some of the terrain has seen better days but is still functional. The rulebooks have been water damaged, sadly...

Just impressed I found something I hadn't ebayed to be honest!
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Thu Jan 23 2014, 00:19

Hey Scott,

Nice, a full set of necro terrain?
I've got some goliath and orlock but haven't played more than once or twice.

G.
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Thu Jan 23 2014, 00:11

Managed to find a bargain on the Kings of War Two Player Battle Set, Mantic site wants 50 folding for it, found it here for £28! http://totalwargamer.co.uk/kings-of-war-two-player-battle-set.html

30% off nearly everything Mantic on there.

Was also rooting around in my loft and found this -

Anyone still play it?
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Sun Jan 19 2014, 21:26

Just give us a shout next time you are going to be in and I'm sure we can arrange a test game for you to play. More Dwarves, those little guys sure get about! They look to be really nice figures from the website. I'm waiting for my Basilean force to arrive that I bought in the Mantic January sale. Not that the army box was discounted in the sale.
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   Sun Jan 19 2014, 21:18

Thanks for the recommendation for Kings of War guys, I downloaded the rules and read them, watched a demo game played out on youtube, and am very impressed. Stuart had pointed me in the direction of Mantic games a few months ago, but I hadn't paid much attention. But I was so impressed I purchased the Dwarf one player battle set a few nights ago, and plan getting the two player set that comes with Orcs and Undead within the next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Chatter   

Back to top Go down

Questions and Chatter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next