Ayr Wargames Club

A place for our members to meet and plan games, debate issues and organize trips.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Club Games Planning Area

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Global Announcement Message clarification   Mon May 21 2018, 17:50

After all the previous post about Doc's What A Tanker campaign, I was asked to add the start date on the Forum calendar.
However the calendar is not very user friendly and I ended up (somehow) posting only a global announcement instead.

This is not intended to be inflamatory but I will be leaving it there.

Steve (Admin)
Back to top Go down
http://ayrwargamesclub.co.uk
Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Mon May 21 2018, 14:19

Mick and myself will be playing an ACW game on Sunday. Mick apparently knows nothing about being involved in the Tanker campaign ? I will say nothing more.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Mon May 21 2018, 13:01

I have already contacted Bill and will be phoning Mick in the afternoon as they are both signed up to play. I will post David B. as soon as possible.

I am a very inclusive person, sorry if that is a failing.

Ed

Bill wants to join the Tanker game.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Stuart@StudioMiniatures

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Mon May 21 2018, 11:18

I have to agree with Scot, the Tanker campaign was arranged last month to start this Sunday, Doc spoke about it continually yesterday, showing those taking part his plan on how to run the campaign games.
I'm sure everyone was given the chance to join when it was first thought of and I'm sure it wasn't designed to exclude anyone deliberately or deprive anyone of games.
I would suggest anyone who wants to take part in the Tanker campaign let Doc know asap and be ready to play on Sunday. Can someone contact those players who do not have internet access (Bill, Mick and anyone else) and information them of the situation and see if they still want to take part then Doc can finalise the campaign list and we go from there.
As Scot said the club is too small to have this kind of tension between members and although I'm a relatively new member I would hate for it to effect the good atmosphere we have on a Sunday afternoon.
As Rodney King said "can't we all just get along" Smile

Back to top Go down
StuartR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Mon May 21 2018, 11:12

On a side note as of next month I'm good to start coming to the club again so will be looking for some games. Fed up beating my bro and Dave so looking to branch out Smile
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Mon May 21 2018, 10:44

Eddie, I can't speak for Doc, but I hardly think that he specifically arranged this over a month ago to do you out of a game once a month. I remember him asking who would be up for it, one Sunday at the end of each month, and the people who said yes to that are the ones listed on the Top Tanker thread.

Did you consider joining it yourself, seeing as a majority of the regulars opted to join it?

I certainly knew yesterday that I would be taking part in the Tanker campaign on Sunday, but that's because I use the club forum and facebook page on a regular basis and communicate with each other. If Bill and Mick or anyone else refuses to use either of these due to whatever reason, be it lack of technical proficiency, reluctance to invest in the equipment, or a mistrust in the witchcraft that powers it, that's fine as it's up to them. But short of them providing contact numbers to others or the club investing in messenger pidgeons, I don't know what else can be done to get the information across.

This sniping and needling all the time - from ALL parties - is getting tiresome. But more importantly, it's becoming damaging. How would this look to anyone wanting to join the club and finding this page, or someone new who witnessed this bollocks in person on their initial visits to the club?

It needs to stop, before it hurts the club's reputation or it forces people away. There's no need for everyone to be best buddies or play against each other every week, but behaving like adults might be worth a shot. And while I am responding directly to your post, Eddie, I sure as hell don't target these comments solely at you.

I'd suggest you leave your arrangements as they are, Doc can restructure the Tanker campaign for the people who plan on playing it this weekend, and we get on with things without all the bitching and whining.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Mon May 21 2018, 09:27

David B. I will contact Bill and Mick and let them know about your tanker game as they were unaware you were actually starting it. I am sure they will be very keen to take part. I will let you know so you can make up your numbers.

Ed

Last edited by Ed McKie on Mon May 21 2018, 11:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Mon May 21 2018, 08:36

I should be in next Sunday.
Doc, let me know if you need any early war german tanks.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Mon May 21 2018, 08:23

Scot is correct. I was going by who would be playing after Eddie has posted about the game he had arranged. I'll add you to the list.
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Mon May 21 2018, 07:00

I reckon he's just not listed you as Eddie had you possibly down for BattleTech, as Brian, Bill and Mick had also said they'd be playing in the Tanker campaign, and he's not listed them either. In Brian's case, his games against Dave were arranged - through me - at the start of this month as the 27th is the only weekend Dave is free due to work.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Mon May 21 2018, 01:07

Sorry I didn't manage in yesterday guys. My Apologies Eddie but I will be playing "What a Tanker" this Sunday.

RE-Edit: Thanks Doc, looking forward to it.

Last edited by George on Mon May 21 2018, 11:21; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Mon May 21 2018, 01:06

To clear up Eddie's uncertainty, I will begin running the "What A Tanker!" campaign for:

John
Cameron
Scott
Stuart H
Lewis
Scot R
Allan
Graham
George
Bill

Last edited by Doc on Mon May 21 2018, 19:00; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Mon May 21 2018, 00:09

It's supposed to be the first round of the What A Tanker campaign.

Which should mean that anybody who said they'd be participating, as per the Top Tanker thread, would be playing that.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Sun May 20 2018, 23:34

As far as I know Bill, Mick, myself and possibly George playing Battletech.
Brian and David playing two games of SAGA.
David B.playing Tank game with ?
Not sure what else is happening ?

Ed
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Wed May 16 2018, 09:37

I will check with Bill and Mick but you are probably correct Scot. Brian has two games of SAGA with David the following week.

Ed

Bill and Mick are playing Battletech after their SAGA games.
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Wed May 16 2018, 09:08

In that case, Eddie, you'll need to play your game with Mick before you play me, if Mick wants to play BattleTech too.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Wed May 16 2018, 08:23

I am also playing Mick at SAGA. Brian is playing Bill then Scott at SAGA. Other half of Sunday Bill and Mick playing a Battletech skirmish with Mick's Mechs.

Ed
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Tue May 15 2018, 20:55

Much appreciated John
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Tue May 15 2018, 19:50

OK Scot they are all yours. Better give the wean some big guns lol, here boy " bang ".

I won't be in this Sunday but will keep them in my bag and you can get them the first time our paths cross. Keep me in mind though.
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Tue May 15 2018, 19:16

If you're donating them to a good home, I'm sure I can provide that, John. The wean has been asking for a puppy...
Back to top Go down
johnny789

PostSubject: Freebies    Tue May 15 2018, 18:25

I just picked up Miniature Wargames mag and there is a free sprue with 2 x K9 gun dogs for wildlife West Exodus. Anybody want them ?.
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Tue May 15 2018, 17:59

I'm playing my Saga game vs Eddie. Stuart H is looking for a game too.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Tue May 15 2018, 12:23

Are there any games planned for Sunday coming?

I know Scott has a SAGA campaign game on.

Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Fri May 04 2018, 07:52

After a wee change in arrangements, looks like I will be in with Stuart Hamilton, probably going to try out the 2nd edition of Saga.
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   Wed May 02 2018, 19:39

Allan and I are having a practice for our NW frontier game for the Lardies day in Musselburgh in early June. Allan says that he has included Scott, Doc and Cameron as well.

DS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Games Planning Area   

Back to top Go down

Club Games Planning Area
Page 1 of 36Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ayr Wargames Club :: Welcome :: Welcome-
Jump to: