Ayr Wargames Club

A place for our members to meet and plan games, debate issues and organize trips.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Archive (old posts)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Nov 21 2011, 15:53

hey doc,
hope you don't mind mate but i took the liberty of running up a blood bowl listings topic for the league as this one is more of league chatter than a results and listings section.

Anyone who wishes to add their team to the league pls post their details (name - team names - race) here and i will stick them into the listings. Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Allan

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sat Nov 19 2011, 20:14

Doc wrote:
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. I think Alan had some Blood Angels, but us playing in the club has him thinking about resurrecting them.

See you all tomorrow.

Doc

Hi Doc

Another year mate after 30 it don't mean anything anyway lol

Yes got blood angels somewhere will look out what i have

I will think about doing Grey Knights found about 30 painted at back of loft through the week, Deathwing on back burner lol if anyone has any loose let me know?

see you tomorrow

cheers

A
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sat Nov 19 2011, 18:53

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. I think Alan had some Blood Angels, but us playing in the club has him thinking about resurrecting them.

See you all tomorrow.

Doc
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Fri Nov 18 2011, 21:58

hey bazzal,
in response to your post

a)good to hear, i shall be there suitably cowaring before the oncoming horde

b) happy birthday doc (was unaware sorry)

c)thats an impresive tally on your skaven however i'm slighty more concered about you nids for the time being (not got back into fantasy since the new rulebook)

see you sunday Smile
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Fri Nov 18 2011, 01:31

LAst contact with Barry he said he was coming on Sunday. I'm sure he'll bring his 'nids.
I'll have a go at Black Templars. Who knows how that will turn out! If I have more than one figure left at the end it is an improvement Smile
See you all on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 16 2011, 21:16

Hey guys,

I'm looking to find out whats happening on sunday. If your coming down Bazzal i was hoping to get a game against your nids (2000pts) if your interested?

Doc i got word back from Edwin and he is gonna manage in so do you want a shot against his Black Templars?

Cheers guys.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Nov 14 2011, 19:13

Thanks Doc,

I'll have have a look while i try to track down a cheap blood bowl, could do with a few replacement long fangs. I'm hoping that Barry brings down his nids so i can have a bash at them.

Keep working on the eldar list, I'm churning through their codex to see if i can't write you up a killer list that will work for you. Will try to have something done for next week to give you a few idea's on how to maxamise your units effectiveness for points.

ps one thing i did notice is that the dire avengers shimmer shield only gives 5+ inv against combat attacks so they could really do with a transport vehicle or something to hide behind as they advance.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Nov 14 2011, 19:03

George,

There is a guy just put up a lot of Spacee Wolves stuff on eBay. There are drop pods and long Fangs, Scouts, Wolf Guard and land raiders. Troops and drop pods are much cheapness. £20 starting for the Land Raider, that is still cheap. His name is mike-ange5

Interesting pointers from yesterday's game. will rework with smalller units and more support and see how things go.
Barry should be in next Sunday too. So we could have fantasy or 40K going on.
Doc
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sun Nov 13 2011, 11:11

hope you feel better bazzal,
i'll usually have my 40k and blood bowl with me the weeks i'm in (plus i've never played against nids, would love to give em a bashing) so if ever coming in and i'm about we could get in a game.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Fri Nov 11 2011, 20:59

Cool mate, not sure if the heads up was directed at barry (as to whether your dark elves are finished) or to me ( for a price? Which i'd rather wait till sunday so you know what your getting) but i'm not rushing to sell them elsewhere they are reserved for you till we have discussed it so no worries.

See you sunday Smile
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Fri Nov 11 2011, 20:31

I will George. I'll bring my Bunnies and my Skaven. Maybe Barry will be in and bring my Dark Elves if he has finished them? A heads up would help as I eed to give him money too Smile
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Fri Nov 11 2011, 19:10

hey doc,
bring your bloodbowl stuff on sunday as well if you fancy, just incase its a short 4k game (plus i'd love to see those bunny girls you got)

i will bring in the wraithlord etc so you can look it over.
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 09 2011, 23:03

Doc, only you would be that twisted. Besides, how you waste your figures is totally up to you. I will be claiming a +1 BS bonus to hit your tragic day-glo Pink limp-wristers.

George, I do agree that the bog-standard Ultramarine Blue that absolutely everyone tends to paint the Emperor's Finest is boring (and yes, my Loyal Marine Force will be blue too!) but that's why Chaos forces are more exciting to paint (plus they get better toys) BUT NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, JUSTIFIES PAINTING THE POOR SODS PINK.
I did check the painting guides and they do say use tentacle pink for the Emperor's Children, but perversely it also say to use WARLOCK PURPLE for Slannesh deamons! Go figure.

The Emperor Protects.
Back to top Go down
http://ayrwargamesclub.co.uk
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 09 2011, 22:02

Pink marines look cool, alot better than smurfs thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 09 2011, 21:19

Maybe I just fancy painting them pink cos it would get up yer nose Steve? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 09 2011, 19:19

Not convinced George, think they used purple more, with hints of red and gold trim. Garish yes, pink, no. Anyhoo, nice to know that the rest of my rant was correct.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 09 2011, 18:06

Sorry steve but you are mistaken. Slannesh marines (aka Emperors Children) are pink, gloriously assorted shades of PINK.
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 09 2011, 17:56

John, yep, must be getting soft in my old age.

Doc, as you well know each successive race released by GW were 'tweeked' to have better weapons and rules (e.g. Tau, Necrons, Eldar) than the Emperors' Finest. Until, of course, the new twisted rules for the Marines went to print. A well planned Tyranid army will decimate anything else on the field, Eldar or Marine (and I don't mean the new f^£%"d up lists bazzy the beard uses).

Slannesh Chaos Marine are Fulgrim's lot. A deadly bunch that use sound-based weapons and enjoy death-agonies - probably kind of like what your gut was inflicting on you last Sunday, with a mix of Nurgle thrown in! They weren't in pink armour as far as I remember, that could just be your influence creeping in methinks...

Anyhoo I'm away.
Steve
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Tue Nov 08 2011, 23:39

Hi Steve, you're still alive and as ascerbic as ever Razz
They may be weak, they're written that way so Space Marines win all the time. Although now it will be New Improved Necrons kicking everyone's arses. If you play in their shop that is. The figures I bought we're not GW. They are Raging Heroes. A German company.
Anyway I've always liked elves. Fantasy or space. Much nicer looking figures than others. I do still have that idea of a Slaanesh Chaos Marine army. It's just the thought of all those big tough Space Marines in day-glo pink Smile I think it would look, well pink, I suppose. Which would be scary enough.
Text me & let me know if you are up to anything on Saturday. Maybe try & catch up with you if you are in town or pop up for a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Nov 07 2011, 22:13

Doc, 3rd party 40K stockists get a % discount according to how much 'floor space' (amongst other things) they devote to GW products. This allows them to take a hit on the profit margin to gain sales over GW trusting that Joe Public will use them rather than deal with the pirates that are GW.

Hope your gut is better, it's never nice being so afraid to play an opponent that your bowels fail, not that I know by personal experience. Still with the weak 40K armies you choose to field you are right to bottle it in this manner. Saves face a little.

Take care
Steve
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Nov 07 2011, 20:56

Yes I'll see you next Sunday with 2000 points of Eldar in tow. I missed out on both of the Forgeworld Avatars on Ebay. They went for about £40 each. Was pipped at the post on the one with the sword, the one with the pear had already went over what I was willing to pay. I mistimed and auction and lost 3 falcon tanks. They went for £36. I had bid £33 and was going to check before time expired. Was 15 minutes too late. Oh well. I did buy the female commisar and female Dark Eldar Archon from Firestorm Games. Cheaper than from the manufacturer. I still never understand how that can work.
Doc.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sun Nov 06 2011, 10:36

Sad that's ok mate, hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for saying to allan for me, will have my wolves and bloodbowl team anyways incase one of the lads turns up. Catch you next week, thankfully the girl isn't working the next 2 sundays so should definatly be in and we can get that game on.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sun Nov 06 2011, 10:02

George I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask to postpone our game today. I've been up ill during the night and won't be going to the club today. I know it is short notice, just up and stomach still feels dodgy. I've texted Allan to ask if he could bring in his Bloodbowl & a team so you can get a game of that. Apologies and I'll play 40K with you next week if that is ok with you. I have templates and will bring them. I was looking forward to the game today too, but dodgy stomach trumps the Space Wolves - Eldar rammie. See you next week, Doc.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sat Nov 05 2011, 22:36

Thanks steve but i'm a space wolf player we prefer meltaguns, all up in your grill style.

Am really looking forwards/ aprehensive bout tommorrows game, as this is my first run against both eldar and Doc. Luckily i happen to have a copy of the eldar codex, unluckily i have no idea on which units are most deadly or that i'm likely to face.

I just hope my allcomers list will prove as flexible as usual.

EDIT: Doc if you happen to have a blast and flamer template could you bring them with tommorow as mine have yet to arrive, dang slow ebay seller.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Fri Nov 04 2011, 17:27

Does anyone have the bloodbowl game? At least the pitch, dice and templates?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   

Back to top Go down

Archive (old posts)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next