Ayr Wargames Club

A place for our members to meet and plan games, debate issues and organize trips.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Archive (old posts)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
George

PostSubject: Bloodbowl League listings and results   Fri Dec 09 2011, 01:45

This topic is locked and cannot be replied to any one wanting to submit their team details pls do so on the planning topic. Cheers guys.

Click here for the rule set in use (living rulebook v5).

Current team Exemptions - Nurgles rotters (for leaving the changing rooms in such a state that it has been deemed uninhabitable)

Current blood bowl coach's and their teams.

Doc

• The Bunnies - Human - 1000 - Unranked
  • Gutrippa's Scurrier's - Skaven - 1000 - Unranked
  • Whiplash Warriors - Dark elves - 1000 - Unranked

George

• New Orclan Badmoons - Orc - 1000 - Unranked
  • Evergreen Guardians - Wood elves - 1000 - Unranked
  • Itzy Bitzy Bashers - Lizardmen - 1000 - Unranked
  • Drakwald Dodgers - Human - 1000 - Unranked

Allan

• The 40 Miners - Dwarf - 1000 - Unranked
  • The Norscaravens - Norse - 1000 - Unranked

John

• Meen Green Masheen - Orc - 1000 - Unranked

Cameron

• The Rottington Deadskins - Undead - 1000 - Unranked

Ali

• Dwarven Troll Runners - Dwarf - 1000 - Unranked

Bil

• Draco's Demon's - Lizardmen - 1000 - Unranked

Last edited by George on Sun Feb 02 2014, 22:40; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sat Nov 26 2011, 15:12

Hi Doc
Yep, 4 years. Can't get the players, or the ones you can get don't gel and the whole thing crashes down. Pointless really.

MMRPGs are naff at storytelling and don't allow RPG style interaction. All the chatter tends to be "have you been here yet?" or "lets gang up and do this quest" or "Does anyone know where I can find this to make my new sword". And when you die... well, you don't really, you just re-spawn far away and go in again. WHEN YOU BLOODY WELL DIE YOU SHOULD LOSE YOUR BLOODY CHARACTER FOR BEING SO BLOODY USELESS THAT YOU GOT BLOODY KILLED IN THE FIRST BLOODY PLACE!

(and yes, I'm shouting again, Doc. See what you cause??!! lol)

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://ayrwargamesclub.co.uk
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sat Nov 26 2011, 14:58

I stil can't believe it has been 4 years since we last properly played Steve. We have done very little in the way of roleplaying since then. Time seems to be going by so quickly now. You're right LotRo pales in comparison to a good RPG session, but it is much easier to pick up and put down when work gets in the way. Which is really the major obstacle for most people these days.
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sat Nov 26 2011, 14:01

Hi George
The last group ended over 4 years ago now, real life, work issues and unreliable player attendance plus personality clashes between players caused it's demise .

The group at it's height numbered 5 plus DM (mainly me) that met once per week. The beginning consisted of 1-2 night long scenarios using the same PCs. This led to two campaigns that ran to completion, or about a year each, so over all we played once per week for about 4 years or so.

Getting Players is a real problem as many have taken to MMRPGs such as Warcraft, LOTRO or such like rather than pen-and-paper. This is a pale comparison to RPGs in my book, although easier to arrange.
RPG sessions can be undertaken with 2+ players (one player + DM) but I agree that 4 players in D&D is probably the best arrangement. Wizards of the Coast designed the rules with that number in mind, I believe.
Saying that I've had some very rewarding game sessions with 2-3 players too.

What did you have in mind for venue etc? Not forgetting that there is a potential cross-over with wargaming - I have an ancient AD&D mass combat system somewhere that might be of use.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sat Nov 26 2011, 12:18

Cameron

I have had a call from Barry this morning that he has been called into work Saturday & Sunday. So he won't be able to be in tomorrow to play Warhammer, so we'll have to postpone tomorrow's Warhammer game to next week if he can get in then. Hope this is enough time for you to be able to get something else arranged as we only have one army. I'll find out from Barry before next weekend if he will definitely be down next week.

Doc.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sat Nov 26 2011, 02:07

Thanks for leting me know you and Edwyn wopn't be at Apocalypse ame. It does save me having to pop in to see his Titan and you aren't there adn then having to get back out without being pounced on by saff trying to sell things Smile
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Fri Nov 25 2011, 23:32

Just to let you know Doc, edwin isn't gonna manage into the apoc game tommorow so no titans and i+'m swamped with stuff so won't be attending either. Saves you going in to sneek a peek at his titans.

Also not heard back from stuart, if i don't hear from him by sunday morn then it's bloodbowl for us if your up for it. Will try to post sunday morn and let you know for sure.
Cya sunday.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Fri Nov 25 2011, 23:17

Well steve i'm no vet that for sure,

I could never really find players in the area (unless i wanted to travel to glasgow).
As i said i have been playing online for almost 2 years but PbP (play by post) is pretty slow and it basically works out to 3 scenarios and a failed campagin (almost all my player left to deal with "real world issues"

As a vet you'll know that a good DnD group consists of at least 4 players and a Dm playing at least 1-2 times a month, Edwin, Doc, yourself and me still leaves us one short and Personally I'd rather not be Dming all the time.

How did your last group go and why did it break down?
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Fri Nov 25 2011, 17:00

I think there is an "Under The Lily Banner" game going on. Dave & Ally & Allan probably playing that. Bill was talking about arranging an "I Ain't Been Shot Mum 3" battle. Bill & someone or maybe 4 players will be playing that. I don't know what else is planned.
Doc.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Fri Nov 25 2011, 16:57

I would be interested in playing. It all comes down to when we can get a day & time that would suit everyone and still has public transport access. We can work something out. Monday to Thursday would be no use as I don't get home until about 7.20pm.
Doc
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Fri Nov 25 2011, 16:42

Hey George.
Doc, Scot and I have all played D&D. Not sure about the others.
Would be interested to hear more about what you have in mind.

Doc and I have 3rd edition, I also have loads of supplements for 3rd, along with Greyhawk and Forgotten Realms sourcebooks. I also have the core books for 3.5

As we are 3rd Edition vets, the transition from 3rd to 3.5 shouldn't be difficult as the basics are the same with a few tweeks here and there.

I'll watch this space for developments.
Steve
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Dungeons and Dragons   Fri Nov 25 2011, 14:59

hey folks,

As i said i've always been interested in playing DnD and do currently play by post over the internet so i thought i'd post this topic to see if anyone else was interested.
I currently own the 3 core rule books for 3.5 and the basic boxed game so thats pretty much all we should need (other than players) to run some starter games and even a long term campaign (with some creativty).

Post here if your interested.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Fri Nov 25 2011, 00:45

Ahah makes sense now,
Haven't had the chance to dig my dwarves out of the black hole I call a spare room so I will bring my 40k to give Stuart a game.

Ordered up my bloodbowl game yesterday so if it turns up before Sunday I may bring it with me, that way we could get a game in either after Stuart and I are finished or if he doesn't make it in. Don't worry bout bringing in your team we can just use the basics from the game as a rules refresher.

Any idea what john and that are playing?
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 23 2011, 21:07

Of course Steve. It is my purpose in life to give you all easy victories and you can go home feeling happy. I've never claimed to be any good, I just enjoy the games.

At least the Judges and Fatties were a team printed in White Dwarf. Somehow I think your Genestealers are pushing the envelope. How would you ever get them to carry the ball over the goal line. They's just be intent on eating everything non Gene stealer in the arena. Fans included. Smile

See you soon for a catch up. Doc
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 23 2011, 20:01

The topic was to be a read only topic (unfortunatly i was unable to lock it at the time) designed to allow the group to see who plays which teams for bloodbowl so that games can be easily arranged.

Somehow i seem to have inadvertantly caused an argument over the bloodbowl league, this was NOT my intention. I was mearly opening a read only topic where players could find teams of their lvl to play against and perhaps become a league results area where arranged matches and outcomes could be easily found.

Last edited by George on Fri Dec 09 2011, 01:29; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 23 2011, 18:13

Err, Warhammer Races, Doc. Besides Judges would be too busy arresting the perps in the crowd to play... that'd give you an excuse for getting your arse kicked repeatedly...
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 23 2011, 17:41

Hi Doc
Please read all new posts under 'Blood Bowl League'

Administrator.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 23 2011, 17:41

Yes league next year. Many people have only played a half or just watched a game. Maybe an idea for the last Sunday before Christmas to see if everyone can get a game who hasn't with those who have played umpiring for them.
I'll sort out with Alan tonight what rules. I think it is the living rules off GW site. I had been asked what was happening with it last Sunday by a few people and we said we would get the organisation done in December with a view to starting towards the end of January.
Steve, what's wrong with your orange & yellow human team? If you're for inventing teams I need to find the old White Dwarf rules for a team of Judges. They can shoot people. Teehee!
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 23 2011, 17:32

Hi George,

We'll get the league stuff sorted out this month. Start the playing in January, probably last Sunday of the month. I think what is best is to list what teams we can each field. Which we will be intending to use for ourself and which teams are available for other people to use.

I have:
The Bunnies, Human team with Ogre. (Not sponsered by Bloodweiser Smile ) With manager, trainer, nurse & 3 cheerleaders
Gutrippa's Scurriers. A Skaven team with 1 or 2 Rat-ogre players & chaos mutant.
Whiplash Warriors. Dark Elf Team with 6 cheerleaders, manger, trainer & nurse..

Unsure which i will play in the league I've only played with my Bunnies so far and haven't seen my finished Dark Elves yet.

I will get Team forms sorted and work out how best to distribute the costs of a team to everyone who wants to play. You can download the rules for free off the Games Workshop site. Free! Games Workshop! Two things you never thought you would see in the same sentance.

Doc
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 23 2011, 07:09

For my tuppence worth, I would say that Allan is the Man for the BBL. It was his idea, he's devoted time, effort and cash to making it work and he's got the organizational skill to keep it all under control and running smooth.

Regards to learning the rules and getting some practice in, guys, ensure you are going to use the same rules Allan has in mind and the same points (if those are used to build teams) as the Starter teams will have.

Allan, will think on the Lizardmen as an alternative to Genestealers, as these pansies probably couldn't handle the intensity of the 'Stealers!

Won't see you all 'til next year but will continue to monitor forum and post as I feel appropriate.

Cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 23 2011, 02:27

Wasn't trying to step on your toes there allan,
But i didn't know that you are running the league or at what stage the league planning was.

I have ammended the listings topic to act as a temporary player and team listing so that games can be played on a casual basis for those of us who want to get used to the basic bloodbowl rules or just get a game in.
Back to top Go down
Allan

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Nov 23 2011, 00:39

Steve (Admin) wrote:
Errrr, so who exactly is running this Blood Bowl league thingy anyway? First I heard it was Allan's idea then Doc seemed to take over, now George seems to be at the helm. Answers on a (virtual) postcard...

P.S. Can I field a Genestealer team please?

mmmmmm I'm with you on that one Steve have I missed something?!??!

Whats the rush?.?.?.? there have been loads of new rules, periods, games and topics this year in the club, all greatly enjoyed

I have just spent many months buying painting and gathering up the Teams for a BB League...

The only way a fair League works is if everyone knows the rules and the teams, that's not where we are yet in the club.......fitting BB in with all the rest of the rules and games we play, it will take the best part of a year to run a proper League whilst still enjoying other periods.

by all means get your BB fix when you need it guys and play away .. but lets take it easy with the BBL

P.S. genestealer would be good Steve - closest would be Lizardmen but just as hard on the hit lol
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Tue Nov 22 2011, 00:47

Hi George.
Takes an earthquake to give Doc a nudge, so good luck with that one! Laughing I would think any Warhammer race would be a legal one, wouldn't you agree? On that logic (albeit a bit contrived) I see no problems with the Genestealers being fielded as, well, themselves.

Cheers-the-now
Steve
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Nov 21 2011, 20:32

hey steve,
I'm just giving Doc a little nudge to help get things started and get some games on the go.
The genestealer idea would be up to the league commisioner but i would think its ok as long as your using them to represent a legal team.

Last edited by George on Wed Nov 23 2011, 01:59; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Nov 21 2011, 20:05

Errrr, so who exactly is running this Blood Bowl league thingy anyway? First I heard it was Allan's idea then Doc seemed to take over, now George seems to be at the helm. Answers on a (virtual) postcard...

P.S. Can I field a Genestealer team please?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   

Back to top Go down

Archive (old posts)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next