Ayr Wargames Club

A place for our members to meet and plan games, debate issues and organize trips.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Archive (old posts)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Tue Apr 28 2015, 13:23

I don't know Stuart. I don't know if they had a painting competition last year. If they did I didn't see it, not unusual as there is tons of stuff at Falkirk.
Back to top Go down
StuartR

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Apr 27 2015, 21:29

What is the standard like at these things?
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Apr 27 2015, 14:03

Yep, that's probably their plan. They said their minis are only for collectors, which is a weird point of view for a gaming company that you need their miniatures to play the games. Shows how the folk at the top have no idea what the company is about & just want money.
THey also love making stuff for Apple , but aren't that interested in Android. Is that becaus i-People are more likely to do what they are told (i-Phone 4, there is no fault, you are holding your phone wrong, this is how you must hold it) & Androids are more likely to think for themselves?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sun Apr 26 2015, 20:42

Good luck Stuart, that's a nice figure.

J
Back to top Go down
StuartR

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sun Apr 26 2015, 16:18

Back to top Go down
StuartR

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sun Apr 26 2015, 15:51

I can't help think games workshop are going to be making more money from their IP than from minis soon - Games popping up everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Total War: Warhammer   Thu Apr 23 2015, 21:13

GW may be in the process of destroying the Warhammer world and getting ready to launch Warhammer "Bubbles Skirmish", here is some good news.

Creative Assembly & Games Workshop announced the release of Total War: Warhammer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i4d3ignBNQ

I knew it was being worked on, But CA site says first in a trilogy. Could be great. No release date, but I would imagine sometime this year. If I see anything more I will post for the Total War and or Warhammer fans.i think I need to go play TW: Medieval 2 now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sun Apr 19 2015, 21:02

Hi Dave

Brian has it all sorted for Falkirk, he will be picking yourself and George up, and will make arrangements for times etc shortly.

J
Back to top Go down
David McQ

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sun Apr 19 2015, 10:30

Yeah like Stuart said, I'm defo on for Falkirk. I'll take a lift off anyone Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Wed Apr 15 2015, 15:44

Guys, Stuart of Studio Miniatures is going to Salute a week from this weekend. He is quite willing to purchase anything for any of us while he is there. Have a think about it and you can let him know this Sunday as he is going to pop into the club for a few minutes.

Cheers
John
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Tue Apr 14 2015, 20:23

Ok Stuart, will see you on Sunday regards Falkirk show.

J
Back to top Go down
StuartR

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Apr 13 2015, 21:14

I am good for dead of winter this sunday and Dave and I are both planning on going to falkirk
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Apr 13 2015, 20:56

Sadly working the 9th at the moment - unless I can do a deal with someone at work. Otherwise I'd have run my car up too. Got a new boss this week so will see how far I can push her over the next week or so.

Dave's working this weekend from what he's told me. Will get him to confirm.
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Apr 13 2015, 20:50

Cheers Doc, will add it to the planner.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Good Morning Vietnam Revisited   Mon Apr 13 2015, 19:52

Tonight (Monday) at 22:00hours Radio 2 is broadcasting "Good Morning Vietnam Revisited".
"To mark the 40th anniversary of the end of the Vietnam War, Adrian Cronauer tells the true story of his time in Vietnam and a history of the conflict that divided America. The programme includes powerful archive, the music he used to play, as well as memories from other Vietnam veterans."

It will be available on iPlayer shortly afterwards as well. I though you would like to know folks.
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Apr 13 2015, 15:14

Hi John,
Graham's car isn't that big so realistically he has only one seat spare for getting to Falkirk, Stuart we could pick you up if you want a lift there & back.

Allan's going to be busy on Sunday, I think he forgot he said he was playing AWI as he said he would play Dead of Winter too. I'll check with him.
Cameron, Allan, Graham, Dave & Stuart were for playing. I hadn't asked Ally as the game had already filled up by that point. If Allan is playing AWI Ally is welcome to join the community of survivors of the zombie apocalypse, living in an old warehouse, trying to survive the harsh winter.
We'll also have a bash at Betrayal At House On The Hill again if there is time. Because it is excellent fun & there are 48 Haunts we haven't tried yet pale

Seee you all on Sunday,
Doc
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Apr 13 2015, 14:28

OK George, no problem.
Ed
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Mon Apr 13 2015, 12:05

Hey Eddie,

Unfortunately Stephen emailed me this morning to let me know someone had bought up all his remaining battletech mechs..

G.
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sun Apr 12 2015, 21:10

George I can not find my battletech lists so just order me 2 mediums and 2 heavies you pick as you know far more than me, but possibly different ones from Brian would be good?
Regards

Ed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sun Apr 12 2015, 20:57

Games next Sunday so far are, Eddie running a 28mm AWI game with Brian , Allan and myself taking part. Doc is playing a boardgame [ no idea what though ] and Cameron, Ally I think.

J
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sun Apr 12 2015, 20:53

Hi Guys

Just to remind everybody that Carronade show at Falkirk is on Saturday 9th of May. So far we have Brian taking his car and he is picking up Eddie , George and possibly Dave McQ,; Dave if you are definitely going please post here.
Graham is picking up Doc and Ally so has a couple of spare seats, again anyone else wishing to go please post. Allan is going there himself to save having to double back from Cumnock and I will be coming back home with him.

cheers John
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sun Apr 12 2015, 18:43

reposting from figure suppliers.

Hi Guys

Just to let you all know I had an e-mail from Stephen at Central wargames about his remaining battletech stock, due to his ceasing trading. what he has left is;

Panther x 2, Hermes I, Mercury, Javelin,Raven, Firefly, Commando ,Crab,Vindicator, Wyvern, Vulcan, Dervish , Hermes II,Sentinal, Hatchet man, Assassin, Cicada, Trebuchet, Clint, Grasshopper, Jagermech, Exterminator , Axeman (akm-2n), Quick draw, Victor (city tech plastic one),Zeus, Awesome, Atlas, Atlas resculpt, Cyclops.

If any of you want to get any stuff from him he said he would be happy to put it aside for pickup at Falkirk show. he will still be doing his four for three offer and will give a good deal on the remaining stock.

if you do want anything then please let me know and i will send him an email when i send him my own list of minis to be put aside.

cheers G.

Last edited by George on Mon Apr 13 2015, 12:01; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ed McKie

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Sun Apr 12 2015, 17:40

George can not find stuff on battletec on forum, how do I look it up?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Thu Apr 09 2015, 22:58

That's great Scot.

J
Back to top Go down
ScotR

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   Thu Apr 09 2015, 19:11

Turns out the mother-in-law is taking the wean for a sleepover tomorrow night, so I don't have to hang around Saturday morning anymore. Aiming for 9am or thereabouts now. Stuart and Dave are going to try and be there as early as possible too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archive (old posts)   

Back to top Go down

Archive (old posts)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next