Ayr Wargames Club

A place for our members to meet and plan games, debate issues and organize trips.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

What are you working on?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Doc

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Sat Mar 19 2011, 12:30

Thanks Dave.
I'll sort that out with Ally so he should have the money for the next time you are down.
Doc
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Sat Mar 19 2011, 07:47

Doc

figures have been gloss varnished then matted down - should be fine for tabletop use.

Price as agreed. No rush

DS
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Finished Squad   Fri Mar 18 2011, 22:33

Hi Dave
They look great Smile Have you varnished them? I never thought t ask Ally originally when we spoke about it. Could you give them a gloss varnish, I'm never usually a fan of it, but I know it is hardwearing & we will be playing Bloodbowl with them and they're probably going to be handled a lot. Let me know how much I owe you for them & I'll give the remainder to Ally.

Thanks again,
Doc
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Fri Mar 18 2011, 10:35

Doc - final squad update (actually I've still got two refs to put the finishing touches to).

I'll get them down to Ally next time I'm in Ayr

DS

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Looking great   Tue Mar 15 2011, 13:52

Hi Dave,

The squad is looking great. Thta has put a smile on my face and taken my mind off the snow falling and heating that isn't working in the main part of the building. The ball looks brilliant, just what I had in mind for them. Even if they get beaten up in every game, although I an sure none of the gentlemen at the club will hit ladies, I'll have great fun plying with them.
Thta sounded better in my head than written on the Forum Shocked
Can't wait to see what the Ogre will look like when finished.

Thanks,
Doc
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Tue Mar 15 2011, 13:28

Doc - squad update

about half-way through

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Looking Good    Sun Mar 13 2011, 22:57

Very Happy Yes they are looking great Dave. Make sure you don't stain your eyes doingtoo much research. Lingerie Football League would be a bad place to start looking.

John, Dave's right the figures are more delicate than the camera makes them look.
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Sun Mar 13 2011, 21:46

They say the camera adds pound John Laughing

In reality they do look a bit thinner than the photos seem to indicate

DS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Bunnygirls   Sun Mar 13 2011, 21:42

Jeez talk about athletic builds, would'nt like to take home a broken paypacket to those girls!!!

Jc
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Sun Mar 13 2011, 19:49

Doc....

are these more like it ?

Must say that I've had to spend many exhaustive hours on the Web researching these Bunnies and cheerleaders Laughing

[img][/img]

Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Helmet colour   Sun Mar 13 2011, 18:49

Pink helmet please, Dave. Just the faceguard oredging in white on the helmet. if you could do the outside of the bunnyears white with the inside bit pink. It's looking cool. Thanks Dave.
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Sun Mar 13 2011, 11:56

Doc ---

Initial test shot of basic set up for Bunny Girl player.

Do you want the helmet white like this or pink?

DS

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Tue Mar 08 2011, 12:16

Hi Dave

Very nice, the renegade ones are nice and chunky right enough and I like the warlord ones anyway. Allan and I had a Twat game on Sunday with a platoon of U.S paras trying to take a farm defended by 2 sections of germans,an absolutely cracking game with the paras taking one building but at a cost of 14 casualties and the germans hanging on just with 7 dead.Great rules to use and fun games, so I will look forward to coming up with some scenarios for Ally's brit paras and maquis figs.

John
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Tue Mar 08 2011, 11:37

WWII 28mm Airborne

I've just finished painting some 28mm Warlord Games WWII airborne troops and partisans for Ally.

Liked the look of Renegade Miniatures 28mm WWII Britsh Airborne so bought four packs and painted them up this week.

Just small arms and PIATs at the moment but I like them a lot. They are BIG even for 28mm's and if you take their 'regiments' deal they are considerably cheaper than some others. I've included a photo so that you can compare the size of the Renegade and the Warlord Games figs

DS

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Sun Feb 27 2011, 22:20

Hi Dave,
Ally has the figures. I'm sure you will not find them a chore, they look really good. I think if you start paying yourself to build & paint your own figures you'll get them done, but maybe that is going too far Smile
How about setting times on the calendar here that you are going to have Dave Time to get your own stuff done?
I appreciate you painting the figures for me.
Doc.
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Sun Feb 27 2011, 22:11

Doc

I've painted two 28mm rugby teams for someone (Scotland and Ireland) but the 'bunnies' will be a new experience. I'll do my best.

I've finished Ally's 28mm GNW Russians and I'm about half way through Alan's 15mm Vietnam Aussies. Should have them finished the next time I see Ally. I'll get your figs done ASAP - don't know if the two Als have anything else in the pipeline for me. One of these days I'll get time to address the dozens of boxes of kits and figures that I've been slowly gathering for myself over the last few years Wink

Cheers
DS
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Bunnygils team   Sat Feb 26 2011, 21:14

Hi Dave

The rest of the figures arrived yesterday. I'll pop into the club tomorrow and drop them off to Ally.
6 Referees (Standard American Football colours for the ref outfits will be great.)
3 Cheerleaders.
A Coach, Nurse & Trainer.
11 Team Bunnies & 6 reserves
An Ogre ( Can you put Bunny Ears on his helmet? There will be spares I think) Could you put a little fluffy tail on him to match the girls)
6 footballs
I'm got a pic of what I ideally want the uniforms to look like which I'll include.
I'll add my contatc details if you have any questions or want to scream at me Smile
Does £35 sound about right?
Doc

Steve if you look up Shadowforge Miniatures you can oggle away Smile
Back to top Go down
Steve (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Sat Feb 26 2011, 00:01

Bunny Girls? Doc, I bow to your strategy, my human team will oggle your cheerleaders while you score many, many touchdowns... lol (except for the token gay guy of course...)

Doc wrote:
Hi Dave,

We are talking about a Blodbowl league in a few months. I buoght a team at the weekend and some of the figures have arrived. If I sent them to you via Ally, he said you were down in a few weeks, would you have time to paint?

They are the Shadowforge Bunnygirl team and a set of the Referees that Shadowforge make. All 25 - 28mm figures. I have a colour scheme in mind, pretty much like they have on the Tritex website. Baby pink & white for uniforms. I'll even finance the baby pink paint Smile There is also a Bloodbowl Ogre that I'm sure could be painted in matching colours.

Let me know how you are fixed for time & how much you would charge for the Ogre.

Thanks,
Doc
Back to top Go down
http://ayrwargamesclub.co.uk
Doc

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Thu Feb 24 2011, 19:22

Hi Dave
Thanks for that. I'll get the figures to Ally as soon as they have all arrived. One had the team set, another company had individual extra figures at a better price. Extras have arrived the main team box hasn't. Once I have them I'll get them to Ally. I'll include a paint scheme idea. Half the money with the figures is usual too? I'll join the queue I know the Hind's figs come first.
Doc
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Wed Feb 23 2011, 23:57

Hi Doc

no problem. I'll give them a go. Have been charging the guys £1 for each 25-28mm fig.

Send them via Ally if you want them done and I'll add them to the list. Currently finishing off Ally's 28mm GNW Russians and making a start on Alan's 15mm Vietnam Aussies at the weekend. Al also wants some 28mm AWI painted soon and I have a large order of 20 mm Napoleonics coming soon to do for Hinds Figures so get them in quick

DS
Back to top Go down
Doc

PostSubject: Would youhave time for some figs I sent you?   Wed Feb 23 2011, 19:25

Hi Dave,

We are talking about a Blodbowl league in a few months. I buoght a team at the weekend and some of the figures have arrived. If I sent them to you via Ally, he said you were down in a few weeks, would you have time to paint?

They are the Shadowforge Bunnygirl team and a set of the Referees that Shadowforge make. All 25 - 28mm figures. I have a colour scheme in mind, pretty much like they have on the Tritex website. Baby pink & white for uniforms. I'll even finance the baby pink paint Smile There is also a Bloodbowl Ogre that I'm sure could be painted in matching colours.

Let me know how you are fixed for time & how much you would charge for the Ogre.

Thanks,
Doc
Back to top Go down
Allan

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Tue Feb 22 2011, 21:14

Russians look fantastic Dave I'm looking forward to the BLB games ahead,
after seeing your troops I'm now very tempted (as usual with the Front Rank figures) into starting that French army I have been thinking about for some time ha ha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Tue Feb 22 2011, 14:13

Very nice Dave, the crew makes a big difference. I am going to get some of UndertheBed's vehicle clutter, I had a wee look when at Dumfries and they have all sorts of stuff, from jerry cans to track sections and nets etc. Barbed wire will be ideal for lots of games especially WW1 and 2 although its hard enough storming the trenches on their own without getting your guys hooked up on the wire too.

cheers John
Back to top Go down
David Sargent

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Mon Feb 21 2011, 13:29

I like the Valiant WWII figures as they can be easily converted and also used as vehicle crews:

Here are some of my commandos and crew figures in Armourfast's M10 Achiles and Cromwell.

Ally asked me to construct and paint the barbed wire kit from Scarab miniatures so that you could use it with the WWI trenches. There is enough in each pack to make about 3.5 feet of entanglement. I have based them on 6 inch lengths of board to match the trench pieces. When finished you should have enough for over six feet of wire:

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   Sun Feb 20 2011, 21:49

Hi Dave

Real nice as usual, they look great, will be good to get them on the table. It is a period I don't know a lot about yet but it's always good to diversify. Sorry, I must have missed your last post as well, aye the plastic soldier coy have produced those russkis well although I did read somewhere that the sculptor/ designer did them in 20mm first and then just rescaled the same designs and that is where the 28's especially lost their finer features, but the guy has realised his mistake and future sets will be better.I love the armorfast stuff, cheap, easy to assemble and they look good , maybe just needing some tankie clutter added.

I like the valiant figs as well but they are just too big to fit in with all the rest of my 20mm stuff, they just don't mix in well.

cheers John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   

Back to top Go down

What are you working on?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next